Honda XL1000V Varadero - The bike that started our community! > Varadero warranty issues & Honda recalls

Honda Varadero 1000 2008 original crash bar problem

(1/3) > >>

victor.isac:
Hello Guys,
my name is Victor and I live in Toronto, Canada.
I have a beautiful Honda Varadero 2008 model. It is great. I bought it from the first owner. He bought it with all the nice sweet original accessories: crash bars, GPS all that. But I have a problem. The bike crashed before I bought it.
It doesn't look too bad as you can see from the video, but the first owner sealed the crash bar extender with some sort of tape. I realized it after I bought the bike, so I took the tape out, and it is noisy.
It is noisy between 2450 - 2550 RPM. The bike runs fine, but it's this noise bothering me.

Any help is welcome.
Thanks, Victor

jolly green giant:
Hi Victor and welcome to the forum. Great bike there. I had the same problem when I took my bike apart to change its colour and then reassembled the crash bars and the distance piece started to rattle.

From the video I could see that there is too much freeplay on the distance piece which rattles. I suggest that you loosen all the bolts of the crash bars, insert rubber O-rings on each side of the distance piece, tighten first the bolt over the distance piece followed by the rest. That 's what I did to my bike and the distance piece has never rattled since. Hope this helps.

Brian

123talis:
Hey I have had the same problem 2 years ago, secured that moving with this:

Its hard to see , cause its black and thin and that thing is no longer moving... but if you want to do it better, try to seal it with some plastic pads from sides. Its common problem with these crash bars, and GIVI crash bars (since these are Honda, as you say).

V Saarela:
I loose a little bit my Givi and put some glue.

jackyork:
Great replies with proper technical solutions; ooor....you could put the tape back till the winter.

JK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version