Author Topic: MyRoute-app web based route planner  (Read 2619 times)

Varareco

• VCIF Member Tri-Colour 2006 Varadero
MyRoute-app web based route planner
« on: April 01, 2016, 14:58:23 »
Does anybody else use https://www.myrouteapp.com?
I've been using it for a few months and really love it. It's relatively new and is the successor to Tyre to Travel. It has a lot of potential with new features being added all the time. It works with both Tomtom and Garmin and once you have your route planned, you just download to your device. There is also a smart phone app to download that syncs with your on-line profile. This is used for tracking your routes, altitude, speed, distance time etc, they then appear on your profile on the web for you to share. I started with the basic version which is free to use but I was so impressed with it that I took advantage of a special offer and now have lifetime gold membership. Check it out, it's a great route planner.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission.

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
Re: MyRoute-app web based route planner
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:27:37 »
Note: it is not the successor of Tyre. Tyre is- and will be developed independent from MyRouteApp. So MyRouteApp is not the successor of Tyre.
Both are from the same manufacturer.
I have been using Tyre for a very long time (since it came available, paid licence) and its licence is included as navi software if you buy a new TomTom Rider V or 400.

Absolutely love it; the interface with the TomTom Rider is superb.
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Varareco

• VCIF Member Tri-Colour 2006 Varadero
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 13:24:35 »
You are correct Two Plugs, successor, was the wrong word to use, perhaps 'new version' would have been better.
I too was a user and fan of Tyre and like you, paid for a license.
I became a basic member of MyRoute-app and followed it for a while and I was impressed with what I saw. Like Tyre, it works seamlessly with Tomtom and but has the advantage of 'multi-mapping' one of which is the Tomtom maps (for Gold members). Because it is web based, the potential for it's development is huge. It is more community based and has just introduced a 'groups' feature for like minded users to share routes or swap stories.
I took advantage of a discount for anyone with a Tyre license to sign up for a Lifetime Gold membership. I urge you to give it a try, you won't regret it.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission.

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 15:42:33 »
You are correct Two Plugs, successor, was the wrong word to use, perhaps 'new version' would have been better.
I too was a user and fan of Tyre and like you, paid for a license.
I became a basic member of MyRoute-app and followed it for a while and I was impressed with what I saw. Like Tyre, it works seamlessly with Tomtom and but has the advantage of 'multi-mapping' one of which is the Tomtom maps (for Gold members). Because it is web based, the potential for it's development is huge. It is more community based and has just introduced a 'groups' feature for like minded users to share routes or swap stories.
I took advantage of a discount for anyone with a Tyre license to sign up for a Lifetime Gold membership. I urge you to give it a try, you won't regret it.

Tnx for this... You most certainly have made me rethink getting a MyRouteApp licence too; since I don't have to pay for the Tyre licence anymore (included with the TomTom Rider)
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal