Author Topic: Yet another set of thoughts about a Crosstourer DCT: mine  (Read 7297 times)

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
Re: Yet another set of thoughts about a Crosstourer DCT: mine
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 17:35:49 »
Thanks Josep. This is the only thing that is stopping me from buying a CT. It is a tourer, why didn't Mr Honda make a larger fuel tank?

You're welcome  :)

Today I filled the tank, and for the first time, I put the partial odometer to 0. So in a few days, I will have more precise figures about my fuel consumption under regular circumstances (which include a significant number of km on good, radarless, trafficless road  8) )

As I said elsewhere, the annoying thing about the CT, at least for me after a long experience on Varadero, is that they made a great great bike, with better engine, better brakes or a Scottoilless  ;) crankshaft, and they made a bike with good (compared to most bikes) fuel tank capacity, wind protection and overall bulk; but these latter rank short when you come from a Varadero.

If tank capacity is the only thing against it, go buy a CT. Yes, I still think "fuel again?" when I can see that gauge blinking too early for my (Varadero) instincts. But the naked truth is that I never made 300 km without stopping on my Vara, and in my trips around Western Europe, I only remember appreciating or wishing a large tank in Norway (Varadero) or the Scottish Highlands (Transalp), but in both cases that was largely because of a lack of foresight from my side.

Greetings,

Josep

Varareco

• VCIF Member Tri-Colour 2006 Varadero
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 19:41:13 »
Thanks Josep. This is the only thing that is stopping me from buying a CT. It is a tourer, why didn't Mr Honda make a larger fuel tank?

You're welcome  :)

Today I filled the tank, and for the first time, I put the partial odometer to 0. So in a few days, I will have more precise figures about my fuel consumption under regular circumstances (which include a significant number of km on good, radarless, trafficless road  8) )

As I said elsewhere, the annoying thing about the CT, at least for me after a long experience on Varadero, is that they made a great great bike, with better engine, better brakes or a Scottoilless  ;) crankshaft, and they made a bike with good (compared to most bikes) fuel tank capacity, wind protection and overall bulk; but these latter rank short when you come from a Varadero.

If tank capacity is the only thing against it, go buy a CT. Yes, I still think "fuel again?" when I can see that gauge blinking too early for my (Varadero) instincts. But the naked truth is that I never made 300 km without stopping on my Vara, and in my trips around Western Europe, I only remember appreciating or wishing a large tank in Norway (Varadero) or the Scottish Highlands (Transalp), but in both cases that was largely because of a lack of foresight from my side.
Greetings,
Josep

I look forward to seeing your results.  VCIF_ThumbUp

I know it is not a big problem, but having a larger tank gives you more options.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission.

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 23:59:19 »
My one and only complaint with the CT is the lack of fuel capacity. I get by OK, but it would be nice to have a larger fuel tank. As said above, it gives us riders more options.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Varareco

• VCIF Member Tri-Colour 2006 Varadero
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 18:03:56 »
My one and only complaint with the CT is the lack of fuel capacity. I get by OK, but it would be nice to have a larger fuel tank. As said above, it gives us riders more options.

I agree and I know that it would really p*** me off after a while.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal