Author Topic: Beta tester needed for new motobags (lone rider)  (Read 7063 times)

superfunkomatic

• XL1000VA8, CRF1000L Africa Twin, CRF250L
    • superfunkomatic.com
Re: Beta tester needed for new motobags
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 05:23:55 »

Thanks to Fred for sending the photos that I sent to Lone Rider.

Thank you Zebulon for posting them for me.
They are really easy to mount. They even include a wrench in the install kit.
I have SW Motech pannier racks and these bags fit perfectly. I had a bit of adjustment and trial and error since I also have two tool tubes mounted - one on either side.
No problems with alignment and installation at all. They are very durable - my trip included almost 1,000 kilometres of unmaintained road and trails and these bags were excellent - no issues at all. They got bounced around pretty good and were loaded with camping gear, food and accessories.

With the SW Motech racks I just pop the whole rack off the bike if I want to. Mostly though, the Motobags compress and collapse and I just leave them on the bike - makes it narrow and easier to fit in my little garage with my other bikes.

The bags are really exceptionally well made. I highly recommend them for people that want to lighten the load of their bike and have really durable and functional bags.

I'll be going across Canada again next summer (about 12-15,000 kilometres) and doing a mix of gravel, trail and a lot of highway again next summer. These are definitely my go to bags.

Before you post the pictures, on which support have you mount the panniers ? Easy? Secure? Easy to mount and remove ?
 VCIF_salut
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:25:31 by superfunkomatic »
2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
2016 CRF250L
2008 Varadero (gonzo - one of my favorite bikes)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal