Author Topic: Q about the future of VCIM  (Read 10964 times)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: Q about the future of VCIM
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 13:17:30 »

PPS:If we wish the Portuguese -Spanish-Italians-Greeks-Polish-French re join us we should give them a chance to come back to our family, we owe to them .. they are our brothers . :D

What can we do more ??? I've tried to promote this event on french forum (as I was in ); with the result you can see ... I came to bring 9 french bikes at Tamarit; from this meeting some of them are addicted  ;D , before you had an episodic french participation ...
I think , in other countries some of our members have tried to promote this event , but with no success, seems they are some old stories remaining ...  :-\

It's better to have a smaller but friendly meeting !
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Athanman

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 14:21:16 »

PPS:If we wish the Portuguese -Spanish-Italians-Greeks-Polish-French re join us we should give them a chance to come back to our family, we owe to them .. they are our brothers . :D

I think , in other countries some of our members have tried to promote this event , but with no success, seems they are some old stories remaining ...  :-\

Who cares in nowadays about old stories?
Personally i do not, it is a waste of time.
A british friend of mine used to say '' its not my cup of tea anyway''.  ;)

The purpose is the trip! A trip with your beloved motorcycle in a foreign country. Old stories and old misunderstandings belongs to past!Presently our actions will ensure a future with or without legendary meetings.
We all know that there are plenty of  alternative options for all of us to feed our hunger for a trip abroad.

Concluding i would say that i do not believe that among us there are people that wait YOU to organize a meeting in order to have a reason  travel abroad?
And if eventually one day Vim ends what they will do ?
Will never travel again?  Participating in a Vim is not an obligatory choice  BUT prevent people  participate to a Vim (because in the past you had an argument there)only an arrogant person would do it.

Greetings

PS:Personally vim is something magic in my head .... despite the unexpected facts that prevent me come to our annual reunions the last 3 years , im still have the same feelings for my foreign Varadero brothers. ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 14:32:14 by Athanman »

BARKAS

• HAR Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 14:51:02 »
We are new participants at VCIM. Please let as to say 2 words in this discussion.  I hope that our opinion is interesting. Just few words to say how we  find VCIM. 
We are young couple and of course we like big  noisy parties. BUT when we come to VCIM we appreciate that it is not a Big Festival where you are lost in a crowd. We participated HD bike week in Austria once. We were alone and only people who we could find for a company were guys from White Russia. Great party but it is good when you come with big company of friends.
VCIM  is completely different.  We come to meet people – not to be a part of a crowd. We come to be  guests and each time the host meets every participant. We feel that we are inside company.  It is not only for old friends, because we already feel  that we are friends. And we again miss people we met.
Tours…  how it is possible to organize guided tour for 1000 bikes? It is just a non-stop round like for example HD makes. VCIM tours are great idea – it helps to find more themes for different people, more emotions, riding skill. For us this tours it is a great possibility to find out country (we have only 2-3 weeks in a year to come to Europe and it is very interesting to see places which are not in a guidebook but native inhabitant opens for us.
Those who were in France should remember Bogdan playing reed pipe, stones across the river, old towns, light jokes from one to other.  The birthday cake!!!  It was a real family  fete…  I have to say that all the road back Barkas tried to speak English with us )) and I hope that soon we won't "need a translator" - and this point is also shows our relation inside the group and not on the outskirts old friends group.
We don’t know how it was when 300 participants came. Norway and France VCIM  made us part of so nice company. We just want to say  “please, don’t try to catch the Quantity, please keep the family atmosphere which we feel”. This is just our opinion. I want to say that many new people may come and be a member of community, of a family but it is not needed to press for more and more participants, we should (i say 'we' because we want to come each year in the future and do our best for this meeting) make effort for more and more friendship and good emotions.
P.S. Sorry for my "russian" English. I hope that you undestand what i tried to express
regards Anna

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 15:09:24 »
Thank you Anna, my french english understand your russian one  ;) you know how I was honored of your presence, and I'm happy if this "family spirit " has been developed during this meeting. Again thank you .  ;)
CU in next VCIM, we try also our best (despite difficulties) to be there too .

Advice to Oleg to improve his English: organize a VCIM  ;)  ;D ( not perfect for me, but it works !!)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 15:13:55 by zebulon »

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

BARKAS

• HAR Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 15:21:28 »
Advice to Oleg to improve his English: organize a VCIM  ;)  ;D ( not perfect for me, but it works !!)

We already told to Oleg that you is the best example for him and this moment pushed him also.

We really think about Russian VCIM every day  :)  we hope one day we will find an idea to make it possible.

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 17:43:42 »

We already told to Oleg that you is the best example for him and this moment pushed him also.

We really think about Russian VCIM every day  :)  we hope one day we will find an idea to make it possible.

Your kind words (including your previous post) have made me smile. Big time. Thank you for that. This, - to all readers - is the REAL spirit of VCIM ánd our community!  ;)

Спасибо!

(Thank You!)

:) :) :)
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

TallGuy212

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 18:06:40 »
This years VCIM was great! And I don't know if the costs of attending VCIM are really an issue. Looking at the distance the attendants drove to VCIM the fuel costs will be the biggest part of the costs. I opted for camping simply because I like camping more and the breakfasts with Jack are among the best memories of this years VCIM. So don't change too much.

The Dutch Transalpclub (also the home for the Varadero) experiences the same issue: attendance is low! The cost issue was adressed and was said to be the cause! But even an event at very low costs like the national Transalp gathering at only 60€ for  a camping weekend with bbq etc etc attracted only 21 members!

I think it is a sign of this time, there are many options to choose from and too little time and money to attend all. VCIM is one of them. However I do think that the costs of attending should be kept as low as possible to be able to compete with the other options available.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 18:16:31 by TallGuy212 »

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 19:01:45 »

Think about you are not alone, and help can be done here  ;)  VCIF_salut

BARKAS

• HAR Member
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 23:39:54 »

Thank you!

we have  never made ourselves some party before. Next week we will have our first experience. Oleg is very busy this days. if our first bike meeting for our frieds has  success we  will post a small report
 then step by step...

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 00:15:39 »

Thank you!

we have  never made ourselves some party before. Next week we will have our first experience. Oleg is very busy this days. if our first bike meeting for our frieds has  success we  will post a small report
 then step by step...

Thumbs up. Looking forward to read your report @ the touring & riding out section!   VCIF_salut

ubertourer

• HAR Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 23:16:24 »
if you do one next year in Belgium, il just get an ibis budget close by and just pop in to say hello and introduce myself to everyone, job done.

Blacksmith

• HAR Member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 16:18:05 »
@ Barkas, Oleg and Anna, and all other VCIMers,
your reply's explain why it is worthwile to keep on going with VCIM. Your visit to the meeting, although great distance, lots of efforts and costs states that the informal organisation has not lost the right path/direction.
And a VCIM in Russia would be again something spectactular. As we have spoken about this I already told you that parking the bikes on your red square for photo's would be an amazing event. ;)
We thank you for even the consideration of a possibility of VCIM in your country!
Personally about VCIM's, I have no problem with camping, although with 2 on the bike, Mrs Blacksmith absolutely prefers a hotelbed and shower. And since I still feel lucky that she is amenable to travel every year thousands of km's on the motorbike with me, the concept of of VCIM's with hotel- and camping accomodation is perfect for us.
Richard and Lianne traveled with us to this years VCIM and they used the camping, because they like it and to spare cash. So, keep on going! It's nice and friendly with lots of possibility's for personal contact with bikerfriends from other country's. We got a lot more friends in various country's! So far my 50 C.

strider212

• HAR Member
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 15:05:19 »
if you do one next year in Belgium, il just get an ibis budget close by and just pop in to say hello and introduce myself to everyone, job done.

Well i am looking forward to attending if possible, and Uber's idea is a possible.

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 22:44:07 »
Expect more info about next years venue early November. A great bunch of people is working very hard to make things happen in the German Sauerland region. The spirit will be the same as on the last 17 editions... Because the spirit of our meeting is made by YOU guys out there...

...The orgateam only provide the facillities.  VCIF_ThumbUp

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 23:07:10 »
Because the spirit of our meeting is made by YOU guys out there...

And girls !  VCIF_ThumbUp  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal