Author Topic: Less Social Media  (Read 1595 times)

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Less Social Media
« on: February 11, 2021, 21:43:45 »
Hi all y'all.
Recently I have made the decision to post less on various social media platforms. I have closed my Instagram account and now use only Facebook to keep in touch with friends. While I will post about my trips on Facebook, I will be doing less of that.

I am returning to a few chosen motorcycle forums to share my riding with my friends. That means this forum and AdvRider.com.

I have not been on this forum very much over the last couple of years, but I am now returning to it.

Social media platforms are becoming less and less attractive to me with all the information mining that goes on, plus it seems to be increasingly used for political grandstanding.

The two VIM meetings I attended are memories I cherish. Last year made me realize just how fragile our ability to freely roam the world can be. So friends, I'm back. And I hope to make at least one more trip to Europe at some point in the future.

Cheers to you all...
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Djairouks

• HAR Member
Re: Less Social Media
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 09:56:24 »
I also did quit the social platforms, for me the reasons are that I feel Facebook especially cannot be on my phone,
it wastes too much of my day for nothing positive and kind of winds me up, looking at people posting 80% nonsense,
especially since Covid.
I decided my mental health was much better shutting down, all that so called social stuff !

Ride on !

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 12:55:50 »
 VCIF_ThumbUp happy to read such posts friends !!!  VCIF_ThumbUp Bravo  VCIF_a040hae I cannot do the same way, as I'm not on social media sites , I've never seen any interest on them.
I'm sad when I see what this forum became... Some people say, it is because of social medias; I answer no , some of the forums I am are very active (as this one a few years ago) ; any question have answer in the last minutes. I've heard during our last meeting a lot people saying, yes we will come every day, yes we will say hello to everybody... You've seen the result; I think that the harm done by some people to exclude a part of the members who have evolved differently, is deeper.
Hope this forum will be able to welcome all and all ex (Honda) adventure riders. Just my wish  VCIF_salut

Thank you David for your effort (still posting reports...) and hope to be available to make you discover some other part of Europe  ;)
Stay safe , and ride bikes friends, and hope soon drink some beer with you
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 22:52:28 »
thanks zebulon, this place is a community of friends. I've never not feel welcomed.
Cheers all...
MrKiwi

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 11:34:29 »
Hi David,

Welcome "back". You don't have to close the accounts, just use them less  VCIF_a025
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Bruvex

• Just Go!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 20:39:39 »
Looking forward to read your adventures here.

I myself don’t post that much but I visit the forum regularly to see if something new is going on.
Moto Guzzi V85tt

Prev.:CRF1000L DCT (2016) / BMuu R1200GS (2009) / Honda Varadero SD02 (end 2003) / Honda VFR 800fi / Yamaha Diversion 900 / Yamaha XJ900 / Honda Shadow 600c

VIM 12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/23

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 04:12:24 »
Looking forward to read your adventures here.

I myself don’t post that much but I visit the forum regularly to see if something new is going on.
Yes I see you lurking from time to time  8) .  Am going to be doing another ride middle of March, so will post up pics when I get back from that ride.
MrKiwi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal