Author Topic: The Future Of VIM!  (Read 99517 times)

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
Re: The Future Of VIM!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 21:28:17 »

The Isle of Man is small and hard to get to but it does have one rather unique advantage !
I am in!
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Snurrepus

• 2008 Black Beauty
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 21:04:00 »
I'm in wherever we go  VCIF_ThumbUp
See you deep in a German forest ;)

VIM 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 22:13:47 »

The Isle of Man is small and hard to get to but it does have one rather unique advantage !

If you give a driving lesson for the "wrong" roadside of driving  VCIF_ok.

Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer alias meine dicke
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23;24
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23; 24 (ORGA)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 142.000)

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 08:54:33 »

If you give a driving lesson for the "wrong" roadside of driving  VCIF_ok.

Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer alias meine dicke

If you go at the right time there is no left or right side on some of the roads and no speed limit !

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 12:40:10 »
Seems some people have idea "where to go" , we just need to know now "who organize"  ;D
 VCIF_salut
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 23:28:11 »
Seems some people have idea "where to go" , we just need to know now "who organize"  ;D
 VCIF_salut

Well said, my point. 😉 But I also double Erik's reply: I'll go where ever it is. Mr Kiwi, how about New Zeeland? Out for our Canadian Friends, Canada? To keep Gilles happy I'll even settle with Qeubec, lol
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 23:25:08 »
 VCIF_salut

Well said, my point. 😉 But I also double Erik's reply: I'll go where ever it is. Mr Kiwi, how about New Zeeland? Out for our Canadian Friends, Canada? To keep Gilles happy I'll even settle with Qeubec, lol

I'll talk with you and some others at VIM 19 about this.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 02:52:10 by MrKiwi »
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Owen

• HAR Member
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 01:55:02 »
I think this is getting silly, There would be a lot of people who cannot take the time or great expense in having a Vim the other side of the world.
I put my hand up not being able to attend every Vim, But the ones I have travelled to have been magic, The fun for me is the planning and travelling to where ever the Vim is held, and meeting old friends that I only see at a Vim. But for personal reasons I cannot travel to the more distant Vims.
I am already planning and map scouring for the Vim at Andorra next year, But I also think that you should consider that whilst there is a hard dedicated group of Varadero riders, The market place is changing on ownership you can pick a Varadero up quite cheaply nowadays so the type of owner has changed, We have to attracted these people, They are likely to be just as keen but not perhaps able to afford mega journeys in the far reaches of Europe.
There is a danger of a Vim being only available a elitist group of people, This do's not brand every one, But be careful and look at the whole picture.

Cheers Owen.

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 03:01:06 »
I think this is getting silly, There would be a lot of people who cannot take the time or great expense in having a Vim the other side of the world.
I put my hand up not being able to attend every Vim, But the ones I have travelled to have been magic, The fun for me is the planning and travelling to where ever the Vim is held, and meeting old friends that I only see at a Vim. But for personal reasons I cannot travel to the more distant Vims.
I am already planning and map scouring for the Vim at Andorra next year, But I also think that you should consider that whilst there is a hard dedicated group of Varadero riders, The market place is changing on ownership you can pick a Varadero up quite cheaply nowadays so the type of owner has changed, We have to attracted these people, They are likely to be just as keen but not perhaps able to afford mega journeys in the far reaches of Europe.
There is a danger of a Vim being only available a elitist group of people, This do's not brand every one, But be careful and look at the whole picture.

Cheers Owen.

Hi Owen
I am hesitant to nominate New Zealand as a VIM venue, but willing to look at it under certain circumstances. The hesitancy comes from the share expense involved for you guys to reach our very remote shores!  On top of flight costs to get here would be bike hire. As I noted in one of my post above, I know what it takes to travel half way around the world, this is the second year in a row that I am coming to a VIM. Even with lots of planning and purchasing tickets ahead of time at sale prices, it costs over 1,000 Euro to fly to and from your part of the world to mine. Then there are accommodation and meal costs on top of that. I am not sure I can make it to VIM 20, two VIMs might be my lot for a while.

So at this stage, it remains a concept and a remote possibility. I am happy to discuss the idea but am not proposing a NZ VIM at this point in time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:02:57 by MrKiwi »
MrKiwi

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 11:10:57 »
We are now discussing, where can be a future VIM (after Andorra) and who wants to organize it .
Owen the best way to have the VIM you want, not too far from home, is to organize one of the next one . Happy to meet you there  VCIF_salut

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Owen

• HAR Member
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 14:11:49 »
That seems to be the stock answer, I am not shooting bullets any any one in particular, It is my thoughts over the future of VIM. I have been a a Varadero rider since 1999,an awful lot of people have come and gone, There is possibly a new type of Varadero rider out there, Try and work out an answer, Not just say organise a VIM then.

Cheers Owen

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 15:22:46 »
We have opened this thread to have your opinion, thank you to discuss. Read again first post, we ask about all aspects of the meeting: how, where, who... But it's nice to say how it would be, nicer to say I propose to do it that way .... IMHO  ;)
 VCIF_salut

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 21:13:36 »
I am not sure I can make it to VIM 20, two VIMs might be my lot for a while.

Don't you dare miss Andorra!
S Europe has its charms, I'd say  ;D

Regards,

Josep

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 02:01:41 »
I am not sure I can make it to VIM 20, two VIMs might be my lot for a while.

Don't you dare miss Andorra!
S Europe has its charms, I'd say  ;D

Regards,

Josep
Yes it does and I would like to come. But two trips in two years from this far away drains the travel fund  :'(
MrKiwi

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 08:49:00 »
Yes it does and I would like to come. But two trips in two years from this far away drains the travel fund  :'(

Keep a little more on the kitchen one   ;D   ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal