Author Topic: VCIM16: Geiranger, Norway... About Your journey & Safe arrival back home  (Read 18305 times)

Madero

We are still in Norway :)
Arrived cold and soaking wet at our campsite in Hovet yesterday after crossing the Aurlandfjell (Horndalvegen) :(
Luckily the sun then started shining to warm us and dry our gear. We'll have a restday today and head further south tomorrow over Odda. Have the ferry to Hirtshals on saterday and planned to arrive home at sunday.
What a great trip and what a fantastic bike ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:59:36 by Madero »

JW

• VIM 2000 - now
Had a beautiful two-day trip from Geiranger to Stavanger via Voss with Alex - where we split ;-(. Thanx a lot to Ole (was it Ole?) for giving us the directions to avoid ferries and getting some beautiful inland and fjord-shores instead.

After Norway, probably everything is boring... After the ferry, during the 1000 km last day, yesterday, I gave my new Ducky some history lessons in Holtgast (VIM5) and Onstwedde (Where It All Began!)

She gracefully finished her maiden-voyage from cruiseship Geiranger to her new home-base at my cruiseship Rotterdam ;-)

Thanks a lot Barbara for my new companion!!!

And off course many, many thanks to Erik and the Norway team for inviting us to this stunning country and organising a beautiful weekend!

Home safe, JW

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
More than 650km today and we are still far from home  :-\
Not the nice part now, crossing again Danemark ... And we are in Germany ...

Gilles, keep in mind that this is what our Scandinavian friends must ride next year!  :)
Exactly like MOST EVERY year  ;)

You can't complain. You've got plenty of nice rides within 500 km from your place.  :)
Just like myself. For instance I am some 500 km away from Nant, la Couvertoirade,...  ;D

Regards,

Josep

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Again ā Long journey , about 800 kms... WE are in France but not yet home... If we CAN do again 800 tomorrow , it Will be ok !
Yes i have tought today of the scandinavians for next year  ;D
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Bruvex

• Just Go!
After 1100 boring klms on the highway (Denmark-Belgium) today I arrived home safely.
Thanks for the super VCIM and I hope to see you all again next year.
Moto Guzzi V85tt

Prev.:CRF1000L DCT (2016) / BMuu R1200GS (2009) / Honda Varadero SD02 (end 2003) / Honda VFR 800fi / Yamaha Diversion 900 / Yamaha XJ900 / Honda Shadow 600c

VIM 12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/23

Exvara

• HAR Member
Arrive this evening at home safely after 750 km today, with a strong heat. Start Monday in Geranger to Oslo, nigth in Oslo and Tuesday  boarding for a mini cruise to Kiel, visit of Hamburg and the train last night to Lorrach near Basel.
Thank you Eric and Anne for these wonderful days in Norway.

SB

• Administrator
Arrived on the Ferry into Harwich at 12:00.

Weather forecast for Scotland tomorrow  (Friday) was Heavy showers so I decided to complete the run to Aberdeen in one trip (910 Km). Arrived home at 22:00.

Many thanks to Erik and the Orga team for a superb VIM.

SB
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:38:44 by SB »

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
On the Colorline ferry right now back to Denmark.

JW: Great to have you back. Nice that you have found the VIM5 spot again in Holtgast (Zur Schanze). It's on our route for Schnitzel tomorrow.

Will post a full travel report under 'Ride outs etc' based on the FB blog I kept on.
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Tarwdu

• HAR Member
Arrived home safe, tired, and skint.  Thanks erik and all the orga team for a wonderful vcim.
C u all next year.
Gareth.
My initials are GS but I  ride a Crosstourer.

Hege71

• HAR Member
After 7.700 km and 19 days I arrived home safely yesterday afternoon. I'm a bit tired now, but tomorrow I'd start it again. My bike functioned perfectly on the long journey. I gave a kiss her/him (?) when arrivid home. Many THX to the norvegian team. 

Madero

Still in Norway we did 450km southwards today. Crossed Hardangervidda, gazed at the Låtafossen and had our lunch at the Heikelifjell. We ended the trip with a nice and fast :o ride  iver Road 9 towards Evje.
Enclosed a pic of Heikelifjell which is symbolic for the beauty of this wonderful country!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 17:07:29 by Madero »

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer
Hey @ all.

I arrived today 17:30 at home safely. My tour back was from GEIRANGER to HONEFOSS (NOR) to SJUNTORP (SWE) to  STAFFANSTORP (SWE) over Danmark to HANDEWITT (GER) and finally to KARLSRUHE (you know, in the South of Germany and in the center of Europe   ;) )

I did 4500 km to have this great, no to have this extraordinary meeting with all of you. Thank you, that I may get to know you at this meeting, and thanks again to the Orga´s.

Rainer alias meine dicke

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 21:20:23 by meine dicke »
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23;24
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23; 24 (ORGA)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 140.000)

zebulon

• Administrator
Arrived home 28° in side, was 37° outside today  :-\
Again 800 km and we found back our house.
A big thank you to Erik & Ann -gro, Kjetil & Rita ! It was wonderful  VCIF_a040hae
6500 km bike + 800 train (way up) + some more in ferries  ;D
CU next year,  I went earlier near the VIM 17 place  :D

Varadero: what a nice bike...

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

short-alex

• HAR Member
Hi,

Short notice because I have to go to Greece tomorrow;-).
Arrived in the morning by train from hamburg safely...
Thanks to the Team from Norge..and to all others who made every V(C)IM like it is(was)..

As see at JW pix :
May the duck be with you...or was it force I can´t remeber... 8)

Cheers
Alex

zebulon

• Administrator
And all that with only 2 Times 5 minutes drizzle on the way back from Atlantic road ! Incredible!!!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal