Author Topic: First World Crosstourer meeting April 13th at Oswestry  (Read 3384 times)

navigator1946

• HAR Member
First World Crosstourer meeting April 13th at Oswestry
« on: March 04, 2018, 15:42:52 »
Members of the www.crosstourer.com web site are pleased to announce the first ever “Crosstourer World Meeting” which will take place in Oswestry on the Welsh border over the weekend of 13th – 15th April 2018.

Owners of the Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer from around the UK will get together for the first time for a 200 mile ride around northern and central Wales on Saturday 14th April, and the ride will be followed by a celebratory evening meal.  The event is based at the Oswestry Premiere Inn hotel, Rods Meadow, Maes-Y-Clawdd, Maesbury Road Estate, Oswestry SY10 8NN, where many of the riders are spending the weekend.

The Crosstourer is the flagship of the Honda range of adventure style machines.  It has a loyal following of riders who appreciate Honda quality and reliability, and who enjoy the superb performance available from the 1237cc V4 engine.  The option of the Honda DCT gearbox appeals to many riders, who view this as the future for motorcycle transmissions.  The Crosstourer has the look and the heft of an adventure motorcycle, but it was designed for the real world of A roads and motorways, where comfort, substantial luggage and forward vision from the high saddle make long distance trips easy.  It will cope well with the occasional track or unsurfaced road but it is not have the off-road ability of an Africa Twin.

The meeting has been organised by members of the www.crosstourer.com website, which is a fabulous source of information and contact for CT owners, most of whom are UK based, but also includes many in the USA, Europe, and across the world.

More details can be found on the crosstourer.com website.

Martin Dixon

SB

• Administrator
Re: First World Crosstourer meeting April 13th at Oswestry
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 21:01:39 »

The Crosstourer is the flagship of the Honda range of adventure style machines.

The Crosstourer is a nice bike but I think the flag has been been handed over to the new At.

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 11:45:28 »
Hi Martin, thanks for sharing the event. Have fun, I'll be drinking a nice wine on your first meeting; its my birthday, lol.

Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 15:09:16 »

The Crosstourer is the flagship of the Honda range of adventure style machines.

The Crosstourer is a nice bike but I think the flag has been been handed over to the new At.
AT does not have the V4  :o
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 17:10:45 »
unfortunately most of the CT owner have now bought an AT  ;D  ;D  ;D
Long life to your meeting ; I know how it is difficult to hold such an event  VCIF_ok
waiting for the report here
 VCIF_salut
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

aboynamedsue

• HAR Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 23:50:08 »
I wasn't aware that the flag had left the Varadero.

VCIF_ok  VCIF_ok

navigator1946

• HAR Member
Members of the www.crosstourer.com web site are pleased to announce the first ever “World Crosstourer Meeting” which will take place in Oswestry on the Welsh border over the weekend of 13th – 15th April 2018.

Owners of the Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer from around the UK will get together for the first time for a 200 mile ride around northern and central Wales on Saturday 14th April, and the ride will be followed by a celebratory evening meal.  The event is based at the Oswestry Premiere Inn hotel, Rods Meadow, Maes-Y-Clawdd, Maesbury Road Estate, Oswestry SY10 8NN, where many of the riders are spending the weekend.

The meeting has been organised by members of the www.crosstourer.com website, which is a fabulous source of information and contact for CT owners, most of whom are UK based, but also includes many in the USA, Europe, and across the world.

Any Crosstourer owner/rider is welcome to join for the weekend or just for the ride.  If you want to arrange accommodation, contact the hotel.  The evening meal will be booked in advance - if you wish to join us for the meal, please look at the thread in the Crosstourer.com forum and book your place.

Navigator1946

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 18:56:51 »
Maybe my seat will be there, I sold it to UK!
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal