Author Topic: Video test of big trailies  (Read 4515 times)

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
Video test of big trailies
« on: May 23, 2013, 19:35:32 »
A video test of large displacement "trail" bikes, including CrossToures, KTM, SuperTenere,...

If you can't understand Italian, just enjoy what expert riders can do with these...

Greetings,

Josep

Athanman

Re: Video test of big trailies
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 21:01:35 »
Thanks for sharing Josep.

Bruvex

• Just Go!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 22:38:23 »
Pity I don't understand a word of it.
Moto Guzzi V85tt

Prev.:CRF1000L DCT (2016) / BMuu R1200GS (2009) / Honda Varadero SD02 (end 2003) / Honda VFR 800fi / Yamaha Diversion 900 / Yamaha XJ900 / Honda Shadow 600c

VIM 12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/23

Herghott

• Black MK1 '99
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 14:50:32 »
Recently I had a test ride on new water-cooled GS with semi-active suspension, KTM 1190 Adventure (and version R as well) and Supertenere.

I must say what I never expected to say: new GS is VERY good bike. The engine is strong (especially the portion of Nm), everything works very fine and easily. I can imagine that even some newbie can ride it. But the best thing is semi-active suspension. Since the "electronical revolution" in motorcycle world this has been the best electronical feature. Cumputer adjusts the whole suspension according to speed, shifting, road surface and many other things. Result is that you feel very very comfortable and confident, what is, of course, also a significant contribution to active safety. Same suspension is also on Multistrada and Caponord.

KTM 1190 Adventure was a big disappointment. Stated 150 HP, but they are hidden somewhere around 9000 rpm in real. The engine feels very vague under 7000 rpm. Engine maps and suspension (both electronically adjustable) feel still the same regardless changing adjustment. Version R is little bit better (21/18 wheels, higher suspension without electronical adjustment).

Supertenere is not worth a word. Weak, cheap-looking, emotionless...

In this situation I consider Crosstourer as a fading average bike. Only positive thing is engine.

Other words, in the class of big traili bikes, in my humble opinion, GS and Multistrada are the best. GS is for man who may be new in motorcycle world. Multistrada is for real biker who knows what Ducati is about.

Herghott
Black MK1 '99 - hand built in Hamamacu, Japan

My videos: http://vimeo.com/user3090097

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 11:27:02 »
MOTORRAD (D) will publish their annual big trail bike test soon.
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Athanman

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 00:19:01 »
Recently I had a test ride on new water-cooled GS with semi-active suspension, KTM 1190 Adventure (and version R as well) and Supertenere.

I must say what I never expected to say: new GS is VERY good bike. The engine is strong (especially the portion of Nm), everything works very fine and easily. I can imagine that even some newbie can ride it. But the best thing is semi-active suspension. Since the "electronical revolution" in motorcycle world this has been the best electronical feature. Cumputer adjusts the whole suspension according to speed, shifting, road surface and many other things. Result is that you feel very very comfortable and confident, what is, of course, also a significant contribution to active safety. Same suspension is also on Multistrada and Caponord.

KTM 1190 Adventure was a big disappointment. Stated 150 HP, but they are hidden somewhere around 9000 rpm in real. The engine feels very vague under 7000 rpm. Engine maps and suspension (both electronically adjustable) feel still the same regardless changing adjustment. Version R is little bit better (21/18 wheels, higher suspension without electronical adjustment).

Supertenere is not worth a word. Weak, cheap-looking, emotionless...

In this situation I consider Crosstourer as a fading average bike. Only positive thing is engine.

Other words, in the class of big traili bikes, in my humble opinion, GS and Multistrada are the best. GS is for man who may be new in motorcycle world. Multistrada is for real biker who knows what Ducati is about.

Herghott

You can say it loud Peter ,i support and i agree with you. GS and MULTISTRADA are hot!!! ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal