Author Topic: Touratech in financial trouble...  (Read 3436 times)

james.mc

• 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Touratech in financial trouble...
« on: August 14, 2017, 00:01:10 »
Touratech muss Insolvenz anmelden

Translated from German: On 10 August Touratech filed an insolvency petition with Villingen-Schwenningen. "To the provisional insolvency administrator was appointed lawyer Dr. Dirk Pehl by Schultze & Braun," according to the press release.

The approximately 400 employees of Touratech AG today came together to form a company meeting and were approved by the Management Board and the provisional insolvency administrator Dr. Dirk Pehl on insolvency. The business operations continue unchanged. Wages and salaries are paid.

In the press release, the reason for this is: "The reason for the insolvency is the delayed implementation of the new building, which was necessary because of increased demand. The resulting difficulties with logistics and production as well as the considerable loss of production and supply led to insolvency . "

The provisional insolvency administrator will now provide an overview of the economic situation of Touratech AG and examine restructuring options. "Touratech has already devised initial plans for a refurbishment concept with its consultants before the application for insolvency," says Pehl after his first survey. "The first thing we need to do is to implement the restructuring that has begun and to develop opportunities to put the company on a healthy financial and economic footing so as to preserve the location and jobs as much as possible," continued Pehl.
regards
James Mc
Honda-Adventure-Riders

Current: 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, sold 2013 - Sadly left behind in Europe)

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: Touratech in financial trouble...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:35:27 »
To be honest, I am not surprised. It took them 5 months to get me my LED lights and 3 months for upper engine guards. I reckon people have given up in droves with the long wait times. 

I know I have been put off. You pay a lot for their product and it is my expectation if I pay a premium price I don't want to be waiting fore supply, certainly not five months.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 12:38:48 »
The two Dutch Touratech shops have been closed due to the troubles.
Wonder after the effect for Honda. All the 'off work' goodies for the new Africa Twin are allegedly build by Touratech.

Love their kitt... but not their price tag.
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 12:41:43 »
Don´t panic.
They´ll reopen.

Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer alias meine dicke
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23;24
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23; 24 (ORGA)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 140.000)

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 13:12:16 »
It doesn't worry me one way or the other as I'll never buy their product again.
MrKiwi

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 13:41:13 »
They were the first developing finalized products for the CRF, (see the 3 versions of SW-M crash bars ...) ; I had no problem here with delays, most of pieces were installed when I keep my bike, and I wait 1 or 2 weeks for lights; but I was not down under  ;D  VCIF_salut a lot of peaces were noticed unavailable on the site but it's because not enough stock, and when phoning them, you can command and receive them quickly !  ;)
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

james.mc

• 2017 CRF1000L DCT
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 22:10:15 »
“BUSINESS AS USUAL” AT TOURATECH UK DESPITE THE COMPANY FILING FOR INSOLVENCY

AUTHOR: BRYN DAVIES
Touratech UK has released a statement on Friday stating that it is “business as usual” in the UK and other Touratech distributors around the world, despite reports of the company filing for insolvency.

Details emerged from Germany on Friday 11 August that the hugely popular motorcycle accessory manufacturer, based in Niedereschach, Germany, had filed for insolvency. The news broke as Ingo Schorlemmer, press officer of the law firm Schultze and Braun, announced the details in a press release.

According to the press release, which was published on Friday, Touratech employees were informed by both the insolvency administrator and the executive board about the news. It said that wages and salaries have been paid and the initial phase of provisional insolvency will be used to gain an overview of the economic situation of the company and to examine restructuring options.

It appears that the reason for the company filing for insolvency is because of the delayed implementation of a new logistics centre which was needed due to increased demand. The late implementation of the new building led to problems with logistics and production, which led to production and supply losses and eventually insolvency.

We spoke to Nick Plumb, Managing Director of Touratech UK, and he released the following statement:

“I just want to confirm after today’s news from Touratech AG that it is business as usual here in the UK and other Touratech distributors around the world. An internal media message has been shared with all Touratech Partners that it is business as usual and more information will follow when we hear more.”

The news will be a shock for many in the adventure motorcycling community, with Touratech being such a well established and respected brand. We’ll have more as soon as we hear it.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/business-as-usual-at-touratech-despite-the-company-filing-for-insolvency/
regards
James Mc
Honda-Adventure-Riders

Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, sold 2013 - Sadly left behind in Europe)

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 23:06:08 »
Restart for the two Dutch shops have been announced in Dutch media today - however, not confirmed.
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 23:18:28 »
They were the first developing finalized products for the CRF, (see the 3 versions of SW-M crash bars ...) ; I had no problem here with delays, most of pieces were installed when I keep my bike, and I wait 1 or 2 weeks for lights; but I was not down under  ;D VCIF_salut a lot of peaces were noticed unavailable on the site but it's because not enough stock, and when phoning them, you can command and receive them quickly !  ;)

I acknowledge they were first in line with products for the CRL1000, but the delays that developed were not acceptable, 3 months and 5 months for two items. I'm not the only one who suffered, there are reports from all over the world, including the UK, Europe and North America.

Never ever again will I buy Touratech products.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:35:19 by MrKiwi »
MrKiwi

james.mc

• 2017 CRF1000L DCT
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 00:17:17 »

regards
James Mc
Honda-Adventure-Riders

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 12:14:52 »
 :o
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 13:17:53 »
No problem in  France, independent importator  ???
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal