Author Topic: Scandinavia travel advice  (Read 2216 times)

Djairouks

• HAR Member
Scandinavia travel advice
« on: May 29, 2017, 10:23:06 »
Hi guys,

This summer I'm doing a alone road trip through Sweden, going camping, watching wildlife and Canoe riding, not 100% or everyday on roads, I'm looking to enjoy different aspects of the country.

I'm looking for some input specifically on roads in Norway, it's been years i'm contemplating the idea to ride the Atlanterhavsveien, but after speaking with a colleague I'm having doubts. He said it's only like 10min and then it's nothing that special, so I'm not sure I want to ride this high, having limited time for the whole trip, I'd rather stay in southern Norway and do more Fjords relaxed.

I should mention i'm a landscape and wildlife photographer, non Professional but that's also a goal of this trip, to see things !

Any feedback, expériences or cool adresses are welcome, thanks !

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
Re: Scandinavia travel advice
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 11:13:19 »
Atlantic road is just the bridge that is spectacular. Better to use time in the mountains and fjords.

Use google maps. Road 50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 63 and around those will be enough to see a lot..

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 11:36:20 »
Tak so mycket Skye, it seems to be perfect as I just found out about the ferry from Hirtshals to Bergen, pretty efficient and cheap so then couple of days on the roads you pointed and then off on the 51 further down to Sweden.

Any tips for wildlife spotting, because the organised saffaris are expensive as hell !?

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 12:09:06 »
Wildlife such as? Fishing? Hiking? Hunting?

Ask the locals when fueling, they can give you more detail where to find it.

Jotumheimen National Park is in the area also when going south from Geiranger you have Strynfjellet. An old gravelroad take you up on the mountain

https://www.visitnorway.com/listings/the-classic-route%3A-stryn-geiranger-hellesylt-stryn/12181/

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 13:27:30 »
Jotunheimen was on my radar, I love the scandinavian mythology, so i'm curious to see this place having a name close to the ice giants land in nordic mythology.

I would love to photograph bears or wolves, but I know it isn't very likely to be easy or happen to me to see them, but i'd be happy with beavers and mooses if nothing else.

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 13:46:24 »
Another question, are trail capable tires like TKC 70 better on the roads in Norway, or not necessary !?
I'll have to change tires for the trip so wondering how the roads really are, if there is gravel or if they are well maintained !?

Jappen

• HAR Member
    • Jappens MC videos
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 18:17:14 »
Riding my Varadero XL1000 2004

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 18:58:08 »
Mostly paved roads, PR4 working great

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 22:51:59 »

Take a look at my videos at:
http://www.istad-skog.no/jappens-mc-blogg/mc-videoer/

Those kind of videos make me want to go there quickly, it's phantastic ! What time of year was this !?

Thanks Skye but not the greatest PR4 lover and they don't make them in 21" anyway, I'll stick with Continentals.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal