Author Topic: It could have been much worse  (Read 780 times)

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
Re: It could have been much worse
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 19:18:55 »
Hello friends,

yesterday evening, as I was riding back home in a N road, a boar came suddenly and I hit it.
In the end, my damage is some minor bruises and two broken finger bones.
But I can't help thinking what it could have happened.
So, I decided that yesterday was my last day as "active" motorcycle rider. I think I will continue watching your pictures and reading your reports, and enjoy the fun you will be having and remember the much fun I've had in my 520000 km and 28 years of riding history. But no more km will be added to it.
Anyway, I mean to stand my compromise to organize VIM20 and will be delighted share a couple of beers with you, but not on bike anymore.

Safe rides for all,

Josep
1st of all it was minor damages. I am sure you will reconsider it many times but your decision is only yours to make. GET WELL SOON!

I have now 40 years and uncounted km. It is a feeling you can't get some other way. Well, some gets close but not exact the same.

Until I started biking in Turkey I never felt on tarmac (I been riding on icy Finnish roads with precautions!) but it took a month to fell first time in Istanbul. Someones truck or car spilled oil in dark crossing and there was no way to avoid it. Luckily no damages and road continued. Second time was more severe, we were two on bike and slipped on ground in small rain with ice kind of road surface. I broke collar bone. It didn't stop me. Last time in Split tarmac melted under us and we fell down. One cracked bone on pillion. She is still riding her own bike with me :)

So these have not put me off from Riding! Of course I do not ride max out all the time as I used to do 30 years ago (on road speed record 270 kmh). But I enjoy it so much I cannot see me quitting as long as it is possible. Jack is a good example. You might be slow but we all understand and appreciative your activities. I hope I can continue as long as you have done.

Well, you will be physically fixed in weeks, let your mind get fixed in months or years!
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

JosepM

• 2015 Crosstourer DCT Special Edition
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 12:30:08 »
Hello friends!

Yesterday it was 9 months since my accident, a full term of pregnancy!  ;D

After the accident, I asked my mechanic to fix the broken pieces, in no hurry, and in the cheapest, most "handcrafted" way (I mean repair rather than just replace).

Yesterday too, I visited her, she's almost ready to run again and for the first time in nine months I could listen to the wonderful deep sound that she releases through her muffler.

Damn! Giving up smoking was much easier!  ;D

Greetings,

Josep

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2016 AT Digital Silver
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 13:26:00 »
Waiting you on the road again now, Josep  VCIF_ThumbUp  ;)
Alone we go faster, together we go further

2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

MrKiwi

• Africa Twin Tri-colour DCT
    • Motor Industry Association of New Zealand
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 14:08:49 »
smoking was worth giving up, riding a motorbike on the otherhand... VCIF_varaGrey
MrKiwi
always thinking about my next ride

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • XL1000V L'iseran 2012
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 16:44:56 »
the song 'On the road again' echoes through my ears  ;D VCIF_salut
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 17:36:08 »
Hello friends!

Yesterday it was 9 months since my accident, a full term of pregnancy!  ;D

After the accident, I asked my mechanic to fix the broken pieces, in no hurry, and in the cheapest, most "handcrafted" way (I mean repair rather than just replace).

Yesterday too, I visited her, she's almost ready to run again and for the first time in nine months I could listen to the wonderful deep sound that she releases through her muffler.

Damn! Giving up smoking was much easier!  ;D

Greetings,

Josep
She will be waiting until you are ready again! try V4 with Akrapovic and it is even better :D
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

james.mc

• Administrator
  • 2017 CRF1000L DCT
    • Honda-Adventure-Riders
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 02:37:37 »
Hey Josep

Sad to read about your accident, but pleased to read that your ride is coming back to life once more.  :)

Good luck for the future.  No matter what your long term decision may be you will always be a biker!

regards
James Mc
regards
James Mc
Honda-Adventure-Riders

Current: 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, sold 2013 - Sadly left behind in Europe)