Author Topic: Top Sellerie Set Review  (Read 10981 times)

Big Bob

• HAR Member
Top Sellerie Set Review
« on: September 18, 2016, 12:34:05 »
Hi All

Since there are so few reviews for seats online for the VFR1200X accessories I thought I’d post a review of my Seat for Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer made by Top Sellerie in France.

Top Sellerie are based in Normandy and have been doing seats, tank covers and tank bags for 20 years.

Their online store is great (http://www.topsellerie.com ).  You can go on here and customise your seat.  You can customise colours, Vinyl type, piping, as well as options like higher or lower, small or larger driver’s seat , stitching colour, stitching designs, embroidering as well as gel and heating options.

Coming from Australia I skipped the heating option. :)

You can also buy quite a lot of seats off the shelf as well if you don’t want to wait for one to be made.

You can choose to use your own base or if you don’t want to be without seat you can use their base and get a refund for your old base when it get back,  or do what I did and just buy a base so you always have a spare.

The ordering and delivery process was very easy.

I ordered a heap of samples. (hey cost 1 Euro per sample, but you get a credit for the same amount when you order)

Used their great online tool to customise my seat.  Gave them my height and weight and ordered.

Lead-time was 3 weeks and seat was built on time.  Postage was very quick to Australia with great online tracking that even had a cool map that shows wear your seat is and has been.

This is what I got when I opened it.

It was beautifully packaged and protected with injection moulded foam

Here is a pic of the seat out of the box.

Here is a pic of the Top Sellerie base.  The seat I got came with a genuine Honda base which was awesome.

Top Sellerie Seat and Honda standard seat

From underneath

Here is a pic of the different profiles.  I went with the higher driver’s seat.

Here is a pic of how it looks on the bike.

I’m a big guy at 160kg (330lbs) and 190cm (6”3”) so for me the standard Honda seat just wasn’t up to the task. 

The Top Sellerie Seat was a MASSIVE improvement. I went with the Gel option as well.  If you have ever gone from standard suspension to Ohlins it is that kind of difference.  With the Honda Seat I was basically squashing the foam to nothing and sitting on the base.  The Top Sellerie Seat with the Nerflex Foam and Gel option has meant that I can ride long distance again.

Teat Seat is made beautifully.  The stitching all lines up and the attention to details is perfect.  The shape around the legs is much better as the drivers rest holds you in securely. Especially for wheelies :)

This one definitely get my vote.

Cheers

Bob

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: Top Sellerie Set Review
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 13:59:35 »
thanks for that info, very nice to know. the seat looks grwat.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 16:36:11 »
Tnx for adding your review. Having a good deal is one part, but its the review which says it all. But the most important information is still not being shared... How's your rear part after mounting the saddle and how does it feel compared to the original on a long run? Looking forward to read your experiences!
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Big Bob

• HAR Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 02:28:56 »
With the original seat my arse was in pain after 30mins.

With the TS I managed 4 hours of Offroad, so a huge difference!

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 12:00:02 »
Well, I double your words. I think it was finally my words which made you to select Topsellerie. I am glad you liked it.
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal